Monday, August 25, 2008

The Democratic Convention, A Week of Hope

I can't help it. I'm hopeful. It started with McCain's failure to remember how many houses he had. It grew with the appointment of Joe Biden for Vice President. And it is reaching a crescendo with the Democratic Convention this week.

Why can't everyone see what I see? The hypocrisy of the Republicans, the distortion, the smears. The attempts at diversion and failure to talk about the issues as opposed to Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton. The Democrats are real people, not images to fool the public every four years.

Still, I hope this time will be different. The people will throw off the yoke of Republican rule and a government run for the rich and other campaign contributors. The youth will rise up as one to vote in a charismatic, intelligent candidate whose motto for everyone is "Yes, we can."

It could really happen. I hope it does.